Saturday, January 1, 2011

Kitty Party with Karan

I tune in to the Star World channel only for the Koffee with Karan show. I have never understood the jokes they crack in F.R.I.E.N.D.S and no, I don't watch 24 (I think these are the other shows that air on Star World, I may be wrong.). Basically I have never understood firangi daily soaps. I love our very own scripted 'reality' shows and news channels, which are no less than the reality shows as far as drama is concerned. About Karan's show, I love all of the affected, self-righteous, glamorous, haughty and very full-of-themselves Bollywood stars and starlets. I love their banter and I love Karan's style of bringing in his friends, having a friendly conversation in front of the camera and making pot loads of money out of it. I sometimes wish I could leave my job at my MNC- which gives me nothing more than a whole load of sexual frustration- and start a Kofee/Chai/Biscuit with Pappu show, where I can call my friends, talk rubbish and create substantial amount of greenery in the bank. But maybe you have the license to do that only if you make terrible movies like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and My name is Khan, which appeal only to the sophisticated tastes of the brainless NRI, and large dysfunctional family audiences.

Anyway, last week, it was the turn of Amit uncle to be on the show. Amit uncle bought in his daughter, Shweta aunty with him. Unfortunately, Shweta aunty has been given a raw deal by the big G above in the heavens. She looks like the female version of the big B, which is not saying much about her looks. Moreover, she is a nobody and gets called to kitty party with Karan only because she is Amit uncle's daughter. Going by her responses to Karan's questions, she doesn't seem bright in the least as well. I expected the big B to compensate for her presence by being his usual witty self, but no. Uncle disappointed me with his thanda answers as well. Overall, it was a boring episode of Kitty party with Karan.

This week it is the turn of Karan's big brother/alleged gay lover Shahrukh Khan. Whether the man is a good actor or not is disputed, but he surely is one smart cookie for making the right friends in Bollywood (Yash uncle and Karan Johar). Also, the man is witty. I am waiting eagerly to tune in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment